BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

04 October, 2007

Family day

Last weekend, my parents came to visit me here in Mukah. It was really nice since its been a while since I came back to Kuching. Kinda miss home and everyone there. My parents came on saturday night which was kinda late since it was a 2 day visit. Kinda made the 1st day the traveling day. As soon as they arrived here, straight away we went for dinner at my fav cafe in


Mukah which was AH SOON CAFE. Was kinda nice talking with my parents face to face. Kinda
made me miss my Fiance, Sister and Grandma in Kuching as well. Anyway, after dinner, we
went straight home since my mom was really tired from the trip. At home, after putting away all the stuff that they brought here, straight away my parents went to bed. Kinda reminds me of
home.

The next day, my dad wanted to go to Dalat, which was kinda like a part of Mukah. So, after church that mornin, we straight away went for our trip, bringing along 2 of my colegues who went to church togather with us.

First of, we went by Oya, which was a small village along the way to Dalat. Then we went on to Igan, which we thought was not far, but actually was 22KM from Oya. Kinda far, for me since I was driving. When we reached Igan, We were kinda shocked cause there were nothing much there. Kinda remind me of Oya. Somehow was kinda lost as to where Matu and Daro were from Igan. But we found a signboard that said Matu 44KM and Daro was alot further. My dad wanted to go for it. So, we did. But to our shock, we had to use Ferry to get to Matu and Daro. So, we decided to scrap that plan and get to Dalat instead.

On our way back, we ran accross alot of cows Chillin alongside the road from Igan. It was kinda cool to see cause there were also seagulls that were hanging round the cows and my dad said that they were eating off the cow's lices. Gross, cool and nice were the expressions that came to mind when my dad said that. SO, it was back to Oya and on to Dalat. On the way back, we stopped by Igan Bridge to take some pictures before it was off to Dalat again. Along the way, we ran into a boy riding a bicycle that was modified to look like an American Chopper. It was real cool! Too bad we didn't get to take pictures of it though. Along the road to Dalat, we saw quite a few of real big houses where we assumed belonged to businessmen in Dalat. Can imagine more than hundreds of people come at the same time to visit for chinese new year not having any problems with sitting areas. After feasting our eyes on those huge houses, we reached Dalat General Hospital which was really clean n pretty.... until we reached the other end. A pair of billboards that was put up at the end was destroyed. God knows what happened. but those things looked like it was stepped on by a giant. Totally flattened.

After passing the Hospital, we finally arrived at Dalat which was a small fisherman town about 32KM from Mukah (Estimated). Its quite a small town but nice and calm. Its a great place to shop for fresh fish and other sorts of seafood other than Mukah. Even saw them selling small shark like fishes. Beside the wet market, was the river. Wondered if they just fished at the river and just sell the fish straight away. Even saw some guys racing around on speedboats. And since it was Sunday, there were also the Sunday market where they were selling all sorts of stuff. Kinda reminded me of a smaller version of Petaling Street in KL. One stall especially caught my eyes cause they were selling real cool watches and pouches. Other stalls were more into foods and biscuits made in Dalat. After going around and buying foods and vegetables my mom was getting hungry. So, we decided to look for a place to eat. After going around to nearly every cafes and restaurants, we found only one that was open and still were selling. Others were already closed. So, we went ahead and ordered and took our seats. For me, I still couldn't get myself used to the fact that shops in Mukah and Dalat closes real early everyday. And on sundays, some even closes in the afternoon! Real early if you ask me. After lunch, we decided to head on back to Mukah and get something from the market there and my mom wanted to order some Umai (sushi made in Mukah) to bring home. She even bought some local tidbits and belacan. I guess small places has their specialty in some way. So after all the shopping, we went back home to get some well deserved rest. By then it was already 3pm and half the stores in Mukah were closed.

My parents were going back the next day and I had to go to work. Kinda nice having them around, even though its just for 2 days. Wished my fiance were there with me too. Miss u Lots dear. Can't wait for you to come here.

1 comments:

jewL said...

dude...add me up; notmade4tv.blogspot.com cheers!hehehe....