BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

08 November, 2007

Terry Fox Marathon Of Hope


Who is Terry Fox? what's the marathon of hope about? I didn't know the answer for either 1 of those questions. But after reading about "Terry Fox Marathon Of Hope" from Kennysia.com, I found out that Terry Fox was actually a Canadian man who was the 1st person to be diagnosed with bone cancer. And he made an effort to fight it. Even though his leg had to be cut because of the cancer, he still made his runs. he ran a distance of 42KM daily for 143 straight days WITH a prosthetic leg.

I can't even run 2KM a day with both my legs, let alone 42KM a day. This man is truly amazing. Somehow, I really seem lazy compared to him. And he knew that he didn't have long to live but he kept on going and kept on fighting. I really feel like I should start running and for a healthier and better life.

Thank You Terry Fox... You're a true Inspiration... You will always be remembered.

0 comments: